Sunday, October 16, 2016

New story

Almost finished with the Werewolf Cowboy. It's been a story that has taken a life of its own. I am placing it as Mating Mini #6 and when it is released, I will put the boxed set on sale for 99 cents so whoever hasn't read the other Mating Mini stories can indulge. I'm seriously thinking that Werewolf Cowboy may be my last PNR for a long time. The market has changed so much, and if I can't have good sales from this book, I may put away my werewolves.

I still have one more Harlequin romantic suspense to write, and I need to get that done. And after? I am not sure. The entire publishing world has changed so much. But I do know this... much as I love to write, creating a story, paying to get it edited and proofed and buying a cover, means I have to do more than break even. If I don't get enough sales, then I end up losing money and that's not a good thing.

So it's a test, and a wait and see game. I may venture into something new. I'm not sure yet. Right now it's more important to finish the book, and put it out for pre-order. So it's back to work!

No comments: