Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Back from Honduras











And I got a lot of good ideas for my next Navy SEAL paranormal book. Then I found out my July 24 release, The Covert Wolf, is now available for pre-order on Walmart. Cool! You can check it out here.

Had a very productive trip to Honduras. We visited a lot of cases and met many single moms with kids who barely can scrape together money for food. One mother told me that sometimes she gets so desperate from watching her children cry from hunger, she wants to hang herself.

She said this while glancing at the leaky ceiling of her shack. We gave her food, promised we would not forget about her, and I am hoping, we gave her a reason not to despair.

We also visited an island called Amapala which is in the bay shared by El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua. Lovely island, but many poor people living there. We stopped for lunch at the bayside fish shack pictured above... crude wood boards as flooring, plastic chairs, and very fresh fish.

Next week I will be in El Salvador for the day job. I haven't been to that country in years, and I'm very much looking forward to the trip.

No comments: