Tuesday, January 03, 2012

New cover, New Year and contest winner!

Here's the cover for SEDUCED BY THE WOLF, my Nocturne Craving for March. It's another short story in The Ancients line. The reason why she's lit from within? When she gets sexually excited, she glows. I mean, REALLY, glows.

SEDUCED BY THE WOLF is the sequel to HUNTED BY THE JAGUAR. Wolf features Jarrett, the werewolf. I liked his character so much I decided he needed his own story, especially since he had lost his mate and child.

It's a new year and I'm pleased to announce the winner of my contest from last month is Cathy (Caffie!) Cathy please email me for your prize.

In other news, I finished the book! Yay!!! The Covert Wolf is scheduled for release this August. I wrote the book in three months. It was very, very tough, with working full-time and traveling for the day job, plus the holidays, but I did it.

It's not easy being an author, whether you work a day job or your FT profession is writing. Deadlines must be met, and then life happens. 2011 was a tough year. We lost my beloved father-in-law, and had lots to deal with in a haze of legal paperwork. It's not over. But we are blessed with good family and friends to help us through.

For Christmas, we went to Tennessee, and had a lovely time with my great brother and his very sweet, very fun wife. It was good to get together with family. And it was cold!

Just as cold as South Florida promises to be tonight. In celebration of finishing the book, we'll probably have a fire in the fire pit, and toast the New Year with a bottle of red wine.

Here's hoping 2012 is good to you, and brings you and yours plenty of blessings, and everything your heart desires.

2 comments:

Norah Wilson said...

Love the new cover, Bonnie! And what a burden that must be for the heroine. It would be kinda hard to hide that you were glowing... :) Can't wait for it.

And congrats on finishing the book through all of the challenges life threw at you. You're amazing!

Bonnie Vanak said...

Thanks so much, Norah! I'm giddy with relief that it's finished! And LOL on the glowing... would be hard to have sex in the dark. :-)