Sunday, February 07, 2010

A normal day

I am so grateful for yesterday.

It was the most normal, relaxing day I've had since my return from Haiti. DH and I went to breakfast and talked about vacation, the house, relatives, everything but Haiti. Then while he was at his train store, I sat outside and actually WROTE a little of Gabriel's story. I'm still a long way off from my usual writing pace, but just writing a little was very encouraging.

In the afternoon, we went to The Home Depot and finally bought a new rug for our bedroom, one that is stain resistant. Take that doggies. Ha! Then it was off to my romance chapter's library event. Fourteen authors, most from Florida Romance Writers, had a discussion panel and then signed books. There was a raffle as well and I won a massage pillow. I bought books, all autographed! for my friends in Haiti who asked for romance novels as an escape.

Then we went to Rose's house for a little while.

DH and I went to dinner later, and made plans for our Super Bowl get together at his dad's house tonight.

It was a normal, relaxing weekend. I didn't realize how much I sorely needed it until last night when I finally fell asleep without the help of a sleeping pill.

I'm returning to Haiti in about another week. It's hard for me to talk about Haiti with anyone. I find myself trying to steer away from the conversation. I can write about it, but I just don't want to discuss it. I don't want to answer questions, try to explain some things that can't be explained, or tell people what I've seen.

I'd rather just leave it at, "It was very very bad and the people are in desperate need of help."

Today we may go to an antique fair or ride our bikes before the Super Bowl. I'm going to try to write a little more this morning while doing chores. Maybe I can finally get back to multi tasking again.

2 comments:

Gillian Layne said...

I'm SO glad you had a good weekend. :)

Bonnie Vanak said...

Thanks Gillian! It was a great weekend, and I'm very grateful for it!