Friday, January 16, 2009

Real life heroes, writing, Emily Bryan

A lot of subjects today!

First, how about that US Airways jet landing in the Hudson, and that amazing pilot? Three cheers for him! DH, who has his private pilot's license, bets that he'll just say he was doing his job, as he was a trained professional. He was, and much more. I get teary-eyed each time I watch that footage. We sure could use that kind of good news these days, with all the bad news in the media lately.

My story for the Nocturne novella is almost there! Almost! I have that kind of feeling I get when I really like a story, and I'm totally excited about it. Hope to finish soon. It feels great to be writing again! Yay!

The day job's been challenging this week, but life's a challenge. I'll be in Haiti soon, and that will be an interesting trip.

Tomorrow join me here when Emily Bryan, author of VEXING THE VISCOUNT, visits!

3 comments:

EmilyBryan said...

My DH is a private pilot, too! He learned to fly when we lived in Utah and we spent countless hours flying the passes and doing stalls over the Great Salt Lake.

Being a pilot combines the best of character traits--intelligence, a cool head and physical bravery.

Is it any wonder you and I write romance?

Anonymous said...

I have Read both your other books and am really looking forward to reading this one. I would really like to win a copy.

Anonymous said...

I look foward to seeking out your books