Monday, January 26, 2009

It's hard to write a love scene when you can't breathe...

Last week I came down with a severe sinus infection. Nice timing...right on deadline. It's hard writing a love scene when all you can think about is trying to push air into your congested system.

For example...from the vampire novella I'm finishing...

He envisioned Sienna naked, her long legs open, her body sultry and inviting as she held out her arms to him. Flat on her back, the perfect position to sink his fangs, and his body, into her (cough cough wheeze wheeze choke choke).

So much for spoiling a romantic moment.

In other news, I signed up for RWA's national conference in DC. I have a hotel room, all set to go, but for my plane ticket. I'm pretty tanked about attending this convention, as I have never visited DC before and plan to play tourist.

Next week I'll be in Haiti for the day job. Providing I can kick this infection and can actually fly on an airplane.

3 comments:

Gillian Layne said...

Hurray on the love scene(s)! Boo to the sinus infection--I hope you fell better for your trip.

Gillian Layne said...

Ummmm, that would be FEEL better...

Bonnie Vanak said...

Thanks Gillian!