Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Busy

I'm much better now, thanks to the MD and heavy medication. The diagnosis was a sinus infection which led to bronchitis. I know I got the infection due to the mold at the Hilton Hotel at RT. I'll never stay at another Hilton unless I'm forced to for business. Yuck!

I was wheezing so much that last week after climbing the stairs at the day job, I felt like I was going to pass out. I never faint. That was pretty damn scary.

Life and deadlines march even, even when you are sick. I got the line edits for ENEMY LOVER, my next Nocturne out this November. It's Damian's story from THE EMPATH. They're due back in a week. And I'm giving a workshop on Rejection, Revision and Rejoicing next Saturday at the Gulf Coast Writer's group on the west coast. And I'm still plugging away at the next historical, plus revising the Nocturne Bite that is due very soon.

All this while working at the day job.

No wonder I'm tired...

I think tonight DH and I may visit the beach. I can bring the new Neo (yay!) and write while he combs the sands with the metal detector. I need beach time. I really haven't recovered since RT and the wind not only got knocked out of my sails, my sails went down for the count.

I think that may be the last RT I do. It has nothing to do with the controversy humming about the blogosphere, there's ALWAYS something that follows after an RT or an RWA national convention that ruffles feathers. It has to do more with my own personal preferences on how I allocate my precious vacation time and what I can get out of it.

And right now, after being this sick for so long, I know what I need most is quiet, quality time with DH, not another romance convention.

2 comments:

Gillian Layne said...

Good luck with your workshop. I'm so jealous; I wish I could be there! Hoping we'll land at the same place someday. :)

I also hope you had a lovely time at the beach. You deserve it.

Bonnie Vanak said...

Gillian, one of these days we will meet. I am convinced of it!

Thanks... it was a very nice time at the beach. DH is such a sweetie for suggesting it. Just what I needed.