Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Fantasyland, again

Bad Boys of the Night, eight sizzling paranormal stories, is now out. My contribution is The Mating Challenge. I need to read this book again because I'm trying to get back to writing Tristan's book, The Mating Season. For the past three months, I've been immersed in writing romantic suspense for Harlequin, and now that book is finally ready for publication (July 2016). Now it's time to return for a while to fantasyland and my Silver Wizard, who is all-powerful and yet hopelessly in love with his one true mate, who fears him. 

Life has presented a few big challenges along the way. I was happy I could actually complete the Harlequin book and turn it in on time, considering we had to move out of our house because of the flood and subsequent discovery of mold in our bathroom and kitchen. Living out of a suitcase, especially when you have two elderly dogs to care for, and one has Stage 3 kidney failure, is not fun.

Even though we are back home, things are still not resolved. The kitchen is not back to normal, as the granite was improperly installed and if it is not corrected, it could crack. We have only one bathroom, but hey, I grew up in a family of four with only one bathroom, so that's not a big deal to me. 

The kitchen is a bigger concern. We can't unpack all the kitchen items and put them away because of the issue with the granite. Hopefully the contractor will resolve that soon. 

I'm trying to get back to Tristan and Nikita. The Mating Season is close to being finished, but it's not done yet. I need writing mojo. I need fairy dust. Most of all, I need to focus, which is really tough when half your household items are still packed away in boxes and each time you go into the kitchen to cook, you realize the pots and pans are on the patio in crates!

I'll get there. This weekend, after I work on the revisions for the HRS proposal, I'll dedicate myself to Tristan's book. Next weekend I'm at Sleuthfest, one of the few writing conferences I'm attending this year. I'm looking forward to this conference as I've never attended. I figured since I am now writing RS, it's a good time to go. 

Until later! 

No comments: