Being Bonnie Vanak

A journey inside the mind of a quirky romance author who travels in the Third World

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Works in progress, Aiden's book, The Mating Challenge

Summer's here and I'm slammed at the day job, but wanted to give an update on releases. By the end of June I will release The Mating Intent, Book 4.5 in the Werewolves of Montana series. I'm also working on Aiden's book, The Mating Challenge. Below is an excerpt. I'll post links to Mating Intent when the book is published.

copyright 2014 by Bonnie Vanak


Aiden folded his arms. “No female in your pack is going alone anywhere. It’s too dangerous. Now, level with me and explain exactly why gnomes are on your land.”
“Maybe they escaped someone’s garden, decided to become cowboys. This is a ranch.”
“Don’t toy with me,” he said softly. “These gnomes have pointed teeth, red eyes and they’ll gnaw your kneecaps until you fall, begging and screaming for death as they eat you alive. What is drawing them here?”
            She looked away.
            Two fingers on her chin forced her gaze back to meet his. “Nikita, what are you hiding?”
            Blink. Blink. He’ll know you’re lying. So evade and dodge. “If something’s hidden here, how would I know? It’s a large spread. Do you expect me to count every single blade of grass? I’m not as anal retentive as you are, Mitchell.”
            A deep chuckle. “Minx. You’re good at clever responses. Makes me wonder what other talents your tongue possesses.”
            She stuck it out at him.
            “Don’t stick your tongue out unless you’re going to use it,” he said softly, and then he lowered his head, and covered her mouth with his.
            She clung to his broad shoulders as he tasted her, his scent of pine and male wrapping around her. A lick of scent pushed straight between her legs in a long, slow caress. She moaned beneath the tender assault on her mouth. Aiden kissed exactly like her dream, claiming and stroking, with little, gentle nips along her lower lip, his tongue plunging and withdrawing. She forgot how to breathe, how to think, and lost herself in mindless oblivion.
            When he drew back, desire darkened his gaze. She put hands to her burning cheeks. “Of all the damn males in the whole west, why did you have to cross my path, Mitchell?”
            He thumbed her kiss-swollen mouth. “I warned you five years ago, sweetheart, I would hunt you down and have you, no matter what it took. I vowed I would win you as my mate. And what I win, I keep and no one ever takes it from me.”

2 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When it is coming out

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Bonnie Vanak said...

Hi! I'm hoping to have Aiden's book available by the end of the year. Have a good day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Bonnie Vanak's website

  • Author Pamela Clare

  • Author Norah Wilson

  • Author Linda Broday

  • Mystery author Nancy Cohen's blog

  • Jennifer Ashley's blog

  • Florida Romance Writers

  • Author Alice Duncan

  • Author Alice Gaines

    A GREAT organization to donate to!

  • link to website design guide
    custom website design