Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mated to the Wolf cover!



MATED TO THE WOLF is my November release from Nocturne Cravings. It's the second in The Ancients series. Maybe it's because I enjoy writing werewolves, or because the hero is scarred emotionally and physically, but this story was the most fun to write out of all three.

I love this cover. The colors are sultry and evocative, and having his face cast partly in shadow is reflection of his inner torment.

Here's the blurb:

Grayson Adler—lone werewolf, powerful Ancient and empath Healer—has never lusted after prey before. As a paranormal bounty hunter, he's duty bound to capture Samantha Fuller. She's half demon and half angel, with deadly powers emerging and a vendetta against the hunter who killed her parents. Yet Grayson aches to touch her and let her angelic half soothe his hurts, his longing for a connection as powerful as his sexual need. Then he gets a new assignment: to absorb her evil powers and tame her by becoming her mate before she turns demon…

I got the idea for the opening scene of this book when DH and I were dining at a neighborhood bar. It was a unique place, because the dining room was separated from the bar area by a wall and several windows. It was a cool place to go after work and grab a meal and have a glass of wine or a beer. We'd slide into one of the wooden booths, order and talk about our day. That night, I was gazing at the bar and the scene suddenly came to me. I always carry a small journal with me should ideas strike, and I jotted down the images I had for Grayson and Samantha's story.

Sadly, that bar/restaurant closed a few months ago. Like other businesses struggling to make it in this economy, they had to shut down for lack of sales. But for me, they'll live on in this story.

You can pre-order MATED TO THE WOLF on Kindle here on Amazon.

Or here on Nook.

Happy reading!

2 comments:

A Snow White Sanctum said...

At least it's nice that the bar/restaurant will live on in your story.

Bonnie Vanak said...

Very true. Although the story is set in Colorado and the bar is in South Florida. But I'll always know it's that bar. :-)