Monday, January 07, 2008

Happy New Year - wild monkey sex?


Happy New Year! I'm finally surfacing... after an "interesting" month. Also had edits on the May book that I had to complete.


Weird news of the week: Scientists studying monkeys found out males pay females for sex by grooming them. "On average, females had sex 1.5 times per hour. But this rate jumped to 3.5 times per hour immediately after the female had been groomed by a male -- and her partner of choice was likely to be the hunky monkey that did the grooming," the article said.
3.5 times an hour?? Gives a whole new meaning to the idea of "styling." And what happens when a female has a bad hair day?


1 comment:

Toni Lea Andrews said...

I'm not surprised. I've known for my entire adult life what "You look tense--let me give you a massage" REALLY means.