Monday, January 28, 2008

Disconnect

So here I am in Nicaragua, in Estelli, a city north of Managua. I actually have an internet connection. Thanks to wireless.

Tomorrow we're visiting people living in adobe huts in desperate need of real homes.

I called DH (cha ching!) and he tells me a box arrived from Dorchester. My cover flats for The Scorpion and the Seducer. YAY!

And the page proofs. Due back, like, ah, next week. Just as I am returning.

There's a big problem here.

I'm in another country. Page proofs in Florida. Does anyone else see the disconnect here?

Sigh...

Until later. If I can still get wireless...

3 comments:

Gillian Layne said...

If it helps at all, let your editors at Dorchester know I'm WAY more likely to buy an author if I know she's heavily involved in life-affirming causes....and recommend her to all my friends, as well.

I'm just saying....:)

Eva Gale said...

Read an article on people eating dirt in Haiti, today, and thought of you.

Blessings.

And Empath is on my nightstand.

Bonnie Vanak said...

Thanks guys...

Thanks Gillian, that's sweet of you. Eva, the dirt eating tendency is old news, really. Haitians have done it for years, but it gets more and more common as food gets scarce. It's actually a cultural thing as well as pregnant women get nutrients from eating dirt. The term for it is geophagy.

I hope you enjoy Empath. I like writing about werewolves. Keeps me balanced in an odd way, when I have to write about starving kids.