Wednesday, December 27, 2006

I "heart" Florida

My home state. Ferfe... are you with me? Just avoid the bad drivers gunning their engines and you'll be fine. As one commenter quoted, from George Carlin, "I love Florida. Everything is in the 90's... the temperatures, the ages, the IQ's..."

Only in Florida could I sit on my new patio on Christmas day, yaking to my bro in TN, when a big long black racer comes slithering out of the hole in the neighbor's gate toward my naked feet. I ran screaming into the house, bro asking, "WTH?" as I'm freaking out.

At least I don't wrestle naked with gators, though.

"Here's a reason to say no to drugs: Polk County deputies had to rescue a 45-year-old man who was naked and high on crack from the jaws of a nearly 12-foot alligator.It was one of several strange encounters with gators." from The Sun Sentinel, "Just another weird year in Florida."

No comments: