Monday, May 08, 2006

RT

I'm almost afraid to hope, but right now I'm going to RT. Tia is doing fairly well. She had a couple of bad days, mainly with heavy panting caused by the steroid, and I cut back on the meds and she seems to be more comfortable. Yesterday DH gave her a bath outside. She hates baths, but she was filthy. She acted like her old self. These days she has less energy, but she's still doing good. So I'm crossing my fingers she'll be okay through next week and planning to attend RT.

I really want to attend RT because a lot of members of my RWA chapter will be there. It's the first time in years a convention has been held within driving distance for us, so many are driving up. Plus I am looking forward to connecting with old friends and readers and booksellers. I have magnets, pens and bookmarks to give away and I'm getting copies of partial ARC's to give out as well.

Unfortunately, Volusia county and Brevard *(where i used to live) is having a horrific time with fires right now. I-95 travel is nearly impossible because of the smoke, and 1,000 people have been evacuated from their homes. We have friends in Melbourne who live close to the interstate and I hope they are okay.

No comments: