Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Edits

Came home for lunch, Tia wasn't moving. Not even when I greeted her. I panicked, then petted her. She woke up. She's very groggy. I'm living on the edge these days, not knowing from one day to the next what will happen...

When will I come home from lunch and find my dog dead, or so sick I know it's time to put her down?

I have to be Scarlett. I can't think about that today. I'll think about that tomorrow.

Thinking about edits in my life. Day job editor is wondering if I'm using the right Bible quote. EC editor worries my heroine isn't lubricated enough for the ten men she'll take on. And the Leisure editor is concerned that I'm asking too much money for a BJ in my upcoming September book. Ooops. Let me phrase that differently. Leisure editor is worried the CHARACTER in my book is asking for too much money.

Leisure editor is right. Character IS asking too much money. EC editor is right. My heroine needs to be well lubricated. Oops. Bring in a gallon of KY. Day job editor is right. The other Bible quote is much more appropriate.

I need a vacation from edits and writing... maybe a sojourn in a nice, dark cave, away from Bibles, orgies and BJ's...

No comments: