Thursday, March 02, 2006

You can drive?


Decided to delete the last blog post. People will think what they want, no matter what I say. Don't want to look defensive, it's a waste of time. Instead, I want to talk about my trip to NY. My cousin, Amy, is now grown. Has an adorable baby of her own. Last time I saw Amy, she was about 10, running about our yard in Jersey. At the wake, I got a ride with her back to her mother's house. She slid into the driver's seat and I just stared.

"You can drive?"

Duh. See it's hard for me to envision this 10-year-old driving. I remember her playing with sparklers and looking at my pet rabbit. This is a family photo of when Amy, sitting on my brother's lap, was just a kid. I'm the one standing behind Drew, with the glowing eyes. My cousin Regina is next to me, and her parents are in the chair. It was taken at our old kitchen in Jersey.

Amy was just a kid. Now she's driving. I think that shocked me more than her having a baby, like getting a driver's license is harder than having a child? Amy, all grown up and driving in New York. Wow.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I love this picture. It looks so cozy and homey (am I spelling that right? Well, you know what I mean! *grin*)