Saturday, March 18, 2006

The light at the end of the tunnel...

Isn't always an oncoming train. I had a weird experience the other night in which my wineglass cracked. Just cracked all the sudden. Very eerie. DH advised, "Maybe it's your mom telling you to stop worrying about all this &#*@&# and get cracking on what really matters."

Okay mom, I hear you. Yesterday I shoved aside all the worries and stuff I have no control over, and I concentrated on what counts. I wrote. I wrote, and continued writing. I attacked this book like Tarik attacking the enemy during a battle. I accomplished a lot. 12 pages. That's the most I've written in a long time.

No distractions like house repairs, bills, worries about the publishing industry, depression over my last trip to Haiti, DH's surgery next week, etc. etc. Just writing. I think it was Susan E. Phillips who said, "Protect your muse." I've suffered "muse abuse" with all the distractions and it's about time I pampered her.

Then maybe, MAYBE, next month my muse and I will celebrate with a weekend away with "the girls" in the Keys. We talked about it last night at a party (the girls, not my muse and I).

Okay off to write again...muse, get ready to put thy butt to work. We're ramming the fort and no one is stopping us!

1 comment:

Mary Stella said...

Let me know when you're coming down, please. (Just please don't make it the same weekend as the FRW meeting!)