Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Where DO you put 12 half-naked men?

THE COBRA & THE CONCUBINE is now in stores! I should be excited. Instead, I’m sitting here gazing upon half-naked men.

I’m looking at my Ellora’s Cave calendar I picked up at RT at the EC party. I had pinned it to the kitchen wall, seeing if DH would notice (note to self: less acronyms). I was on the computer in the guest room when he strolls into the kitchen and…

DH: BONNIE! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?

Me: Hee hee!

DH was a good sport. We laughed and I took it down, and then in a mood of defiant aggression, brought on by a raging case of PMS (another acronym!) I brought it into work. Mind you, I work at a Christian charity. Half-naked drool worthy male models are not de rigueur. But up goes the calendar anyway.

Me: Merrily sitting in my office, working away as a tour group passes by…

Tour guide: And here we have Bonnie…

Me: (under breath) Oh shit…

Touring guests: Gasp!

I glance up to see shocked and fascinated gazes. Riveted straight on Mr. April’s belly button. It should have been Mr. May, but hey, I wanted to give April a chance, since it’s Peter DeCicco and he DOES have a very nice belly button.

So down the EC calendar came. I don’t quite know what to do with this calendar and all the yummy guys featured on it. maybe I'll put it in the parrot's room and really give him something to shriek about.

http://www.bonnievanak.com

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Okay, Bonnie, I have to say that I never really looked at Peter's belly button. But now, when I get home, I'm going to haul out that calendar and take a better look!!! I also struggled with where to hang the calendar. I soooo wanted to bring it to work, but it would send the HR police into spasms, I'm sure...and not the good kind!

Stacey Klemstein

Bonnie Vanak said...

Stacey! My nutty Irishman friend! Doesn't RT seem like weeks ago? I have THE SILVER SPOON at home in my hot little hands, waiting for my trip to Haiti in another week for some quality plane reading time!

bonnie

Mary Stella said...

Bonnie, that post cracked me up! Thanks! It was great to see you at RT. I have Cobra & the Concubine right here ready to be read!

Stacey said...

It does seem like a long time ago, unfortunately. I had SUCH a great time. I have some great pictures that I just got back this weekend. The one of the two of us came out very nicely indeed. If you'd like, I'll email it to you : )

Bonnie Vanak said...

Hey Mary Stella, thanks for visiting. Hope you enjoy COBRA!

bonnie