Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Dancing elephants

Still sick. Too weary to do anything constructive, such as answer all the e-mail I have waiting. The herd of elephants in my body quieted and now they’re elephants wearing stilettos doing the Riverdance. I finally caved in and went to the doctor. Does THAT hurt? YEOW, answered I as they tried to pry me off the ceiling tiles.

I dragged my weary self to the pharmacy, thanking God for health insurance. I have a mental image of the lovely hitchhiker in my system saying to his friends, PARTY AT BONNIE’S. And all these little microbes chortling with glee as they live long and prosper in my aching digestive tract.

So I bought comfort food, tomato soup and Wonder bread. Then settled down with Hard Eight and proceeded to hoot with laughter while reading in bed. I love Stephanie Plum. Now I have a hankering for jelly crumb cake DH brought back from Kohout's Bakery in Patterson. Stephanie Plum may have the Italian hand gesture thingie going on, but hey, I got a POLISH connection, you heah?

http://www.bonnievanak.com

3 comments:

Keris Stainton said...

Yikes, hope you feel better.

But reading Evanovich has to be a comfort ...

Gena Showalter said...

Hope you feel better soon. Excellent book choice. I adore all the SP books!

Bonnie Vanak said...

Thanks Keris and Gena! I'm better now. it was almost worth it to get sick just to read Janet E. Now I'm addicted and have to read the whole series. Good thing she has another one out soon!

bonnie