Thursday, March 31, 2005

Bras are dangerous

So this a.m. I got up early, determined to get to work on time and I'm exiting the Duncan, coffee in hand and SNAP!

Thar she goes!

My bra strap suddenly went SPRONG! It broke. Had I not been wearing a blouse, it could have put my eye out.

I muttered a few choice words, then headed back home to look for another support mechanism. Couldn't find it. The broken strap was beyond immediate repair. Maybe DH can weld it together with his blowtorch, but I was in a hurry. Could NOT find any of my other three bras. I'm tearing through my clothing drawers, swearing like a sailor and the dogs are looking at me like I'm nuts.

Finally found one. I was so frustrated, I was ready to abandon ship and head to work without a bra. Which is not a good idea. I think there's a Bible phrase in there somewhere someone would toss out at me. Maybe its in the Ten Commandments. Yeah, commandment Number 11:

Thou Shalt Not Sag.

Sigh... gonna be a wonderful day. I can tell already....

5 comments:

Mary Stella said...

I'm with you on the "Thou shalt not sag" mantra, Bonnie. I've always been grateful that I was just a shade tooo young back in the 60s when bra-burning was (pardon the intentional pun) hot for awhile. Even then I was too self-conscious about free-swinging boobage!

Mary Stella said...

I'm with you on the "Thou shalt not sag" mantra, Bonnie. I've always been grateful that I was just a shade tooo young back in the 60s when bra-burning was (pardon the intentional pun) hot for awhile. Even then I was too self-conscious about free-swinging boobage!

Mary S. said...

Sorry for the double post. The server gave me a weird error message the first time, so I didn't think the comment went through!

Bonnie Vanak said...

LOl Mary Stella! I remember bra burning but I was too young as well and had nothing to offer to the sacrificial pyres.

bonnie

Bonnie Vanak said...

LOL Mary Stella! I was too young as well for the whole bra burning fad back in the Sixties. Never did have anything to offer to the sacrificial pyre.

bonnie